Alpaca wool caring
Alpaca wool caring and cleaning is easy. All those who intend to buy alpaca clothing or already possess one should know how to handle and wash their valuable alpaca clothing.?Alpaca garments are quite easy to care for, if handled correctly. Due to alpaca?s ability to repel water, spills can easily be blotted up. The nature of the fiber reduces static electricity, which attracts dust and soil.
Find some tips for alpaca wool caring to keep your alpaca garment clean and in good shape for years to come:
1. ? ?Give alpaca garments a 24-hour rest between wearings. They will shed wrinkles and return to their original shape because of alpaca?s elasticity and resilience.
2. ? ?Store in a well-ventilated closet? they need to breath.
3. ? Store in an area away from light and dust.
4. ? If stored for a long period of time, a cedar chest or a polyethylene container are good options.
5. ? ? Empty pockets and remove belts before storing.
6. ? ? Avoid stretching, fold knitwear and store in a drawer or fold over a padded hanger rod.
7. ? ? Brush your alpaca garments often to remove surface soil and revive the nap. Brush lengthwise with a whisk or lint brush. This is especially important for heavily happed fabrics.
8. ? ?For finer fabrics, use a damp sponge.
9. ? ? Refresh alpaca garments quickly by hanging them in a steamy bathroom. Moisture in the air will steam wrinkles away.
10. ? Follow label instructions for specific care, either ?dry clean? or hand wash? but never in hot water.
11. ? ?If you need to take it to the dry cleaner identify the stain and fabric so proper care will be taken.
Alpaca wool cleaning – hand washing
For hand washing?use these procedures:
1. Fill the sink with cold or lukewarm water and mild liquid shampoo,.
DO NOT USE BLEACH!
2.? Soak for 3 to 5 minutes. Gently squeeze suds through the garment. Do not twist, wring, or scrub. Avoid agitation.
3.? Rinse the garment twice in clean cold water.
4.? Gently squeeze out excess water.
5? Lay the garment between two towels, roll up the towels and let it rest for a few minutes.
6.? Lay the garment on a dry towel and set it to its original shape.
7.? Dry away from sunlight and direct heat.? Turn over when the top side is dry to allow underside to dry.
8. Smoothly reshape by hand to original dimensions while wet and to remove wrinkles and straighten the seams.
With proper alpaca wool caring your valuable alpaca garment will please you for a lifetime.
If you like to have a look at some alpaca products please visit our online shop.
In case you have further questions send us an email or subscribe to our newsletter.
Your COKAL Alpaca Product Team